The Islamic Azad University logo depicts 7 interwoven concepts:
1. The altar: signifying the worship of God and that the university must be a sacred place of worship.
2. The Arabic word “La (لا)”: representing the abbreviated form of the fundamental Islamic belief that “there is no deity but the Almighty God.”
3. Nib: referencing a holy Quran verse from the chapter "The Pen". Verse 1 of the chapter reads: “By the pen and that which they (the angels) write (therewith),” pointing to education
4. Wings: representing the concept of freedom and openness of the university. The two wings represent science and virtue.
5. Rehal (book rest for the Holy Quran): The sign of the Islamic foundation of the university, the tenets of which are inspired by the teachings of the Quran.
6. An architectural stylization of the main gates of Tehran University and the School of Divine Sciences which embodies the idea of the university education system
7. The words دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی )Islamic Azad University) written in Nastaʿlīq script, the location and composition of which is set and constant.
Click here to download the IAU logo